Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Starter Sentence from the audience, please?

I have a story to write and I've gone 1,900 words into the thing, only to realize that it won't work in the current direction it is going. There are six characters yet to be introduced and I'm barely into the second scene.

I have an interview to write up and the person doesn't even know that I want to interview her yet. There's a third project that I won't get into, lest I unintentionally offend someone who has been kind enough to present a good writing opportunity.

This is where you come in, authors and readers of Friday Flash Fiction; it is up to you to come up with the starter sentence and you can do so by putting it in the comment section. Now the window for this will be pretty narrow, because we will then vote for the winner beyond that, via a poll.

So I will take suggestions all the way up until Thursday, 10:30 AM Pacific Time.

Goodnight, and keep plucking those chickens with a "p-h."